HR SME (benefits)
Who we are
Technuf, is a Maryland based company providing leading-edge and proven technologies, industry vertical domain expertise and highly skilled and motivated professionals to achieve our customers’ mission critical business needs.
What we’re looking for
- A mid-level professional with at least 8 years of experience in Federal HR.
- Subject matter expert in one of the following domains: Federal Benefits, Federal Payroll, Federal Personnel Action processing, FERCCA research and processing, and/or Settlement processing.
- Possesses the requisite knowledge and domain expertise to serve as a SME and is able to advise operational staff on regulations, policies, processes and systems.
- Has in depth research skills and attention to detail, can identify root causes of issues, and has strong communication skills to be able to explain complex issues to employees, HR representatives, TSA liaisons, and program leadership.
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. The preferred candidate must possess the knowledge and experience required of both HR Specialists and HR Assistants and must be considered an expert in all functional areas of the Benefits workstream.
- The HR SME's primary role is to perform quality assurance on all pay affecting documents.
- The HR SME also provides guidance to processing staff on interpretation of policies, BALs, SOPs, and IOPs. Aside from quality reviews, the HR SME must have experience in assisting with the development of policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience as a Benefits and Retirement Specialist is highly preferred. FERCCA processing experience is desired but not a requirement.